About MyWellbeing: You are unique. Your therapist should be, too.
Today’s world imposes more stress than ever before. We are here to ensure that when feeling less than 100%, no one is alone. MyWellbeing is on a mission to bring the highest quality personalized mental health solutions to scale.
We match seekers to the right therapist or coach for them while supporting mental health providers in growing their business and professional community. We have already supported thousands of mental health providers and over 250k+ people in their care search. We reach millions monthly through our accessible, relatable, and educational content and resources.
We are a remote team headquartered in NYC with full-timers in NY, Portland, and Austin, driven by our passion for the future of mental health. While we may be distant physically, we're all brand-obsessed and looking for the next go-getter to join our team.
What we're looking for:
As a Clinical Operations Specialist at MyWellbeing, you’ll own all things related to clinical experience, project management, HR, and billing operations (more detail below).
This role requires strong attention to detail, passion for wearing multiple hats and each day at work being different, comfort in a fast-paced environment, and excellent communication skills, particularly in a remote environment. You’ll report directly to the Clinical Director and work closely with the broader MyWellbeing team.
What your responsibilities will be:
- Quality assurance
- Ensure clean, complete, compliant session documentation that meets insurance requirements on weekly basis
- Become the in-house expert of our suite of clinical platform solutions
- Ex: train associate therapists in how to use the practice management software
- Ex: create onboarding videos for associates to train in how to complete thorough, compliant documentation, how to document client progress to track positive clinical outcomes
- Ex: collaborate with stakeholders at external companies to troubleshoot any platform needs or hiccups
- Own therapist experience and understanding
- Administrative Q&A with associates as needed and/or pointing associates in the direction of the appropriate resource
- Automating resource libraries so that therapists and clients have the support they need at their fingertips with increasingly less human administrative cost
- Own calendar and celebration schedule to improve culture and therapist experience (ex: birthdays, important milestones, PTO, etc.)
- Onboard and offboard employees
- Project management and administration
- Answer all phone calls and voicemails coming in to in-house arm and notify any necessary stakeholders of any required next steps
- Assist in-house clients with administrative questions or concerns, and gradually create automated guides to support clients with increasingly less administrative cost
- Track fee-for-service time accrued
- Facilitated fee-for-service payments
- Billing and revenue operations
- Track fee-for-service hours accrued and facilitate fee-for-service payments
- Ensure all payments are collected from clients and ensure appropriate follow up to gain owned payments (ex: contact clients who owe payments, organize follow up until payment is collected, tend to any client concerns around payment disputes)
- Ensure correct documentation is submitted compliantly and on schedule for insurance payers
Who we're looking for:
- You are clinically trained, ex: LMSW or LCSW, LMHC, etc., and have at least 1+ years of experience in project management.
- You are extremely detail-oriented, rarely does a detail slip between the lines
- You are a sponge for learning, adapt to new programs and environments quickly, and have a knack for creating lean, agile ways for others to do the same
- You are compassionate with others and are able to tow the line between offering warm support and ensuring you don’t over-invest your time in email or phone exchanges that can be more efficient (we love boundaries!)
- You are comfortable receiving high-level direction and running autonomously with a project from start to finish
- You know how to move quickly and be agile and responsive with priorities, responsibilities, and deadlines, adjusting as business needs develop
- You’re a pro with platforms like Simple Practice, Mirah, JustCall, and insurance ops
- You’re an ambitious self starter who takes initiative and is excited to work at a startup where you have ownership and influence
- You’re eager to be the first to respond to challenges and opportunities as they arise
- You have a motivated and positive attitude with a tendency for over-communication
Why you might be excited about us:
- We are on the front lines of helping people struggling with their mental health find the care that they need
- You're hungry to make REAL impact every single day — you're motivated by progress and know that the work you do will move the needle
- You're excited to be one of the first ten employees of a startup — you see the path forward and you're eager to be a part of the journey
- You are a team-player who is able to thrive in ambiguity. You love tackling new projects and building the playbook from scratch. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day (micromanagement makes you cringe)
Why you might not be excited about us:
- We're a lean team (under 10 FTE), so if you like a more established company setting, this role isn't for you
- We're a remote-first company, and therefore fantastic communication skills (verbal and written) is vital. If you don't like to over-communicate, you won't be happy here
- We're an early-stage startup and our advantage is our agility. Projects and priorities may shift as new opportunities present themselves. If you're not excited by flexibility and a "learn while we go" mentality, you may get frustrated
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven, and works incredibly hard to push towards our vision. If you prefer a 9-5 job or to rest-and-vest, this job isn't for you
- We deeply believe team work makes the dream work. If you're not willing to lend a hand wherever it's needed (and sometimes that means it may be outside of your job description), you won't fit in
Compensation and highlighted benefits:
- $50,000-$60,000/year, commensurate with experience
- Health and dental
- Unlimited PTO
- Quarterly Fridays—the entire company is closed one Friday per quarter to take care of yourself
- Closed all Federal holidays
- Annual in-person team retreat
- Weekly team lunch -- while we are a remote team, we still love to chat “at the coffee pot.” Every week we meet virtually for lunch, every other week we alternate discussing anti-racism together through blog posts and TED talks and socializing over virtual games
- 12 week parental leave
- 5 year sabbatical — at your 5th anniversary with MyWellbeing, you unlock the opportunity to take a 4 week sabbatical to reflect and celebrate your contributions to the mental health industry and your growth at MyWellbeing
- Support with bail for those who peacefully protest for any cause related to human rights
The interview process:
- We'll do our best to respond to all applications as quickly as possible.
- First Call - We'll invite you to a 20-min call with Alyssa, our Founder, to learn more about the role and so we can learn more about you.
- Second Call - If it's a match, we'll invite you to a 30-min call with Jneé, our Clinical Director, to mutually assess fit.
- Take Home + Team Meet - Next, you’ll walk us through your perspective on an assignment to help us understand how you think, work and communicate. You will share and discuss with our team.
- References - Last step, we'll reach out to people who you've worked with and hear what it's like working alongside you.
MyWellbeing is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek out, include and celebrate employees of all races, colors, religions, ages, gender identities and presentations, LGBTQ+ identities and orientations, family and parental statuses, veteran and disability statuses, and ancestries and national origins.
Please note that being authorized to work in the United States is a precondition of employment for this role. We are not sponsoring work visas, such as H-1B visas, at this point in time.
How to apply:
➡️ Sound like the perfect role for you? Email [email protected] with your resume and a link to your LinkedIn, cover letter optional, subject line CLIN OPS.